Running your own trucking business can definitely be rewarding, but it also takes a lot of hard work to be an owner-operator. There might be days where it seems you’re spending more money than you’re taking in. Don’t worry! We’ve compiled a list of 5 money saving tips for owner-operators!
- Truck maintenance: Proper fleet pays off big in the long run. You’ll find yourself with reduced downtime and lower overall maintenance costs.
- Adjusting tire pressure: Keeping your tire pressure at the right level has a big effect on fuel economy. Too low or high tire pressure can affect friction and how much fuel you go through, but it can also cause abnormal tire wear (AKA having to replace your tires far too soon and too often).
- Take advantage of a fuel card: A good fuel card will save you money with cheaper fuel rates and other benefits. Whether you’re running a single truck alone or a fleet of vehicles with multiple drivers, saving with fuel card can really add up.
- Keep your fleet size small: With some smart planning, a lot of owner operators save money by reducing the number of trucks they have on the road. Make sure you’re making the best use of your trucks to avoid the additional costs that come with adding trucks to your fleet.
- Choose a great freight factoring company: With a great factoring company like us at CoreFund Capital, you get your hard-earned cash faster with no debt, keeping your cash flow positive and your money in your pocket.
You can contact our CoreFund Capital team to get more information on our freight factoring programs, fuel cards, or anything else you want to know more about. CoreFund Capital was created to be a service-first invoice factoring company. We don’t want our clients to have to jump through hoops in order to be funded. That is why CoreFund goes above and beyond to be as flexible as we can to meet our customers’ needs.